Goldie by Sourhouse + Cooling Puck
"Simple...Stress-Free...Gorgeous" - The Kitchn
Goldie by Sourhouse™ provides just enough warmth to keep a sourdough starter consistently in the “Goldilocks Zone” of 75-82ºF (~24-28ºC) where it is the most active and healthy, so bakers can bake their best bread all year round without warming up their whole house.
This product includes:
1 - Goldie by Sourhouse
1 - Sourhouse Cooling Puck
1 - Quick start guide
1 - User Manual / Tech sheet: English & French
- just enough heat to safely warm a starter to 75-82ºF (~24-28ºC)
- a small footprint with the capacity to hold up to a quart sized jar
- an auto-warming on/off switch
- a transparent, borosilicate glass cloche so bakers can see their starter from anywhere in their kitchen
- a simple three-zone thermometer (indicated with blue, gold, and red lights) that helps bakers understand their starter’s behavior and anticipate their time to bake
- a Sourhouse Cooling Puck for the occasional need to cool down a starter in a too hot room in preparation for baking.
- USB plug
- works with any local USB-to-wall adapter (adaptor not included)
- operating voltage is 100~240V, 50~60Hz
- low energy use
- food safe
- water resistant
- cleans up with a moist sponge, cloth or paper towel
- works with any jar that fits inside (jar not included)
Certifications: FCC, California Prop 65, IC (Canada)
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Sourhouse products ship from US and China-based warehouse. See our shipping & exchange policy for information about taxes and customs: https://sourhouse.co/policies/shipping-policy
Ideally, we wouldn't have so many tools on our countertop. But this little guy is essential and good-looking. I found it better than the Brod & Taylor one, I like how easy it is to set it up.
SOurhouse is passion, owned by passionate people, inventing a passionate revolutionary product, wonderful. The heartbeat is of bread-baking is everywhere and the support is just amazing!!
Thanks so much for all!!!!
I had a feeling this gadget would be good .. but I didn’t think THIS good lol I finally broke down and ordered it after my hubby cooked my starter for the second time as I had it warming under the oven light. This little Goldie is a WONDER! I never have to worry about my starter now and it’s never doubled in since so fast! It’ truly does create the perfect conditions for starter with almost zero effort! And it looks so pretty sitting in my kitchen too! It is a little pricy yes but if you are making sourdough on the regular it’s worth EVERY penny! Couldn’t be happier! Thank ya’ll so much for such an great product! also very pleased with the high quality… the glass is really pretty in person!
I purchased this kit for the winter months as our kitchen is colder than the rest of the house. Upon arrival I was very impressed on the packaging & with the instructions and the size (major factor)! The quality offset the price as it appeared that the company as proud of its products and followed thru after 2 weeks! I have done the oven light (had to remove 1 bulb as it put out too much heat) way too much of a hassle. We had gotten back from a two week vacation and the starter was a bit weak and here came the Golidie. Plugged it in and magic happened! Looking forward to the winter months ahead….
This beautiful little glass house consistently provides me with wonderfully high sourdough starter within hours!. My cooling puck lives in the freezer, but have yet had the need to use it. So much easier than trying to get starter to rise in ovens, instants etc., many of which are too bulky and inefficient. Glad I have this..